Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Within 30 days we have

3 birthdays in our family.
Gimpy starts it off.........back on March 3rd, then Kristina.....tomorrow.
and then her husband Paul on April 1st.
We give gift cards.  Cody wanted one to EB Games so he could pass the time of day.  Kristina is getting one for the movies and Paul to his favourite restaurant.
I decided to really personalize their gift cards this year.
Mark Lipinski posted this on Facebook
http://www.poppytalk.com/2011/09/tutorial-easy-tiny-envelopes.html#more
and I grabbed the idea and ran with it.
I found a banking envelope in the drawer and by pressing it with my steam iron I was able to open it up.  I traced it onto card stock with a marking pen and I do intend to keep it.  It's on the bulletin board for now.........it may be there in June when it's time for Taylor to celebrate

I chose the paper I wanted, cut it 8 1/2" x 11"


and ran it through the printer.

I ran a bone folder down where I was going to fold it.  If you don't have a bone folder you can make one ~~ sort of.  Take a piece of dowelling, sharpen it in a pencil sharpener and use the point to slightly score the lines.

Cut it out and then fold on the lines you have scored
When you do this take a look at where you will place your glue.  I opted to use craft glue instead of a glue stick.  I put a dob on paper and used my finger to spread it out.  I held it down for a couple of minutes to make sure it was secure.
That was it.  Took me a shorter bit of time than it did to write it up for you.
It is large, but I'm happy with it.  
I'll try and make it smaller as the year goes on.  I'm sure with a bit of tweaking on the computer I can get it done.  For now, this will do.

These two are for the next birthdays.
 Now we get a bit of a break........










Search This Blog