Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I thought


I would get myself involved in two of the BOM's that I mentioned on the blog yesterday and then sanity prevailed!

While cutting out one of the blocks, I stopped, looked at the flannel wall and asked myself what are you doing?  Did you need another project?  No.


I decided this was the next one to be worked on.  I sewed more stripes together and then cut them into 6" squares.  I got quite a few done in one day 

and the next day I finished up the blocks with the stripes.  I didn't remember how I had made them and I didn't write anything down, so two blocks are wrong, but as this one is staying in the house for Miss Princess Misty, so I'm not worrying about it.  She is having a birthday soon and this will be her gift.

I left in for awhile ~~ again ~~ and then kicked myself and finished in up in two days.  It is a lot of work and I won't be doing this again.  I know I won't.  It was a project to use up fabric from a project I didn't like once I started it.  A lot of my 1 1/2" strips are in this quilt and the rest.......I'm not telling which file I put them in.




I took out my masking tape and I put the numbers on each block 1 - 6 and then up in the left corner I put row numbers 1-6.  I didn't want to have to use the seam ripper and you could easily make a mistake on this.  I was taking if off the wall and carrying it upstairs to sew it.





I also had to remember that the "log cabin" blocks all went the same way.  I think, but I haven't checked that I scored on that one.
The top is done.  All sewn together and pressed ready for sandwiching.






I have to make a backing for it.  I'm using up the rest of the blocks from Karl's quilt and some other bits and bobs I found around the house.  I even have the binding selected.



I have the thread out ready for it.  I'm going to try a new batting on this one.  I'll let you know how it goes by the end of next month.  This quilt is now in the "line-up", but I know how I'm quilting it, so it won't take long.

I think I may do this one on my Sapphire.





We have had a very cold winter with snow!  We don't always have that in our area but this year.....wow, we are getting it.  Along with the cold and the wind and the snow we are being treated to the most magnificent sunrises and sunsets.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow personalized with Smilebox





Search This Blog