Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Product review

The last time I was up in New Hamburg, Esther had a product I hadn't seen before.  I have used it now and can do a bit of a report on it.

It is called Perfect Baste, a temporary fabric adhesive.  I paid $16.00 for a 300ml spray can of it.  It is odourless, colourless, acid free, there is no mist and it says it does not gum needles.

I sandwiched three quilts using the basting spray.  It was fabulous.  They were now ready to be machine quilted.  And then......I changed my mind.

I took this quilt, put it in the hoop, grabbed my Perle Cotton......I used Valdani this time as I had it in stock....and the needles that were sitting beside me.

Everything old is new again and the BIG stitch is back!  Yeah!!!  I can hand quilt again.  I am not one of those that can accomplish 10 stitches to the inch.  5 maybe -- on a good day.
I started in the middle and worked my way around.  In one evening I had the whole centre finished.
I had no trouble with shifting or puckering on the back.  It was great.

I did the borders the next night and never picked up my hoop.  I did straight lines,like piano keys, around the entire thing.  The next day I cut and added the binding which will be handwork for stitch and chat.
It will have to be washed before donating as it was "glued" together.


We had a snowstorm.  It was a good one!  The snow was on the ground when we woke up around 
7:30 am and it was still coming down when we went to bed around 11:00 pm.  Morgan was here for a visit, so she was snapping a lot of photos.

IMG_8931
Click on the photo to see more fabulous photos taken by Morgan




Search This Blog