It is called Perfect Baste, a temporary fabric adhesive. I paid $16.00 for a 300ml spray can of it. It is odourless, colourless, acid free, there is no mist and it says it does not gum needles.
I sandwiched three quilts using the basting spray. It was fabulous. They were now ready to be machine quilted. And then......I changed my mind.
I took this quilt, put it in the hoop, grabbed my Perle Cotton......I used Valdani this time as I had it in stock....and the needles that were sitting beside me.
I started in the middle and worked my way around. In one evening I had the whole centre finished.
I had no trouble with shifting or puckering on the back. It was great.
I did the borders the next night and never picked up my hoop. I did straight lines,like piano keys, around the entire thing. The next day I cut and added the binding which will be handwork for stitch and chat.
It will have to be washed before donating as it was "glued" together.
We had a snowstorm. It was a good one! The snow was on the ground when we woke up around
7:30 am and it was still coming down when we went to bed around 11:00 pm. Morgan was here for a visit, so she was snapping a lot of photos.
|Click on the photo to see more fabulous photos taken by Morgan|