Welcome to Fall

Welcome to Fall
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Thursday, December 13, 2012

It really doesn’t matter whether

we have our dinner here at the house or at a restaurant.  A table favour is given to everyone.
This year I found a load of them and took a few ideas and made my own.
One ornament, 18 candies, 1 sprig of holly, 1 name tag with red ribbon.
The ornaments are plastic and I bought them at a sale last Christmas.  Unfortunately I can’t count, so I didn’t buy enough.  There are 13 of us with girl/boyfriends included.  I still have to go back and buy one more.  Lordy, lordy. 
I went to the bulk food store and bought a ton of Smarties Christmas candy only to find out the one I tested was smaller than most of them.  Fortunately I bought some others that slid right in.  Shucks and darn, I’ll just have to eat those Smarties!  Don’t know as I can handle that.
IMG_4921 Take the top off and put the candies in.  Yes, I counted them.  Don’t want any hard feelings this close to Christmas.  Pop the top back on and then decorate.
IMG_4922
I ran the name tags off on the printer.  I found this cute little tree to decorate them with and then found a font I liked.  I ran them off on sort of fancy parchment card stock.  They look really good.
Punch a hole in and put the ribbon through.  Tie it at the hanger to it doesn’t get lost. 
When I was at Michaels I found this swaggy thing that was half price.  IMG_4924 These are great for taking apart and using parts and pieces of them.  It was just plastic but I used my side cutters to snip off the piece I wanted.  I dabbed that green tip thingieIMG_4925 with hot glue and then stuck it in place right where the holder part is……here IMG_4922 - Copy IMG_4926I think I might see if another piece of greenery will work on the other side of this one.  If it does I have 13 of them to “fix”……well, once I have Karl’s done that is.

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF