Friday, February 17, 2012

Oh my goodness

Do you remember this?  Its from way back last fall.


I wrote this and challenged you all to pay it forward.  I just challenged you again this week so it is ironic for me to receive this letter last night at Guild.

It is from Linda, the young wife and mom that lost everything in the fire in Slave Lake, Alberta.  I am not going to share the entire letter with you, just a small part of it.  I hope I can stay in touch with Linda.  I hope I can do more for her.

We are a family of 4, my husband, my girls 10 and 4. At the time of the fire we also had 2 foster children in our home.  That we all made it out alive still astounds me, as the houses on the end of our street were burning when my neighbours yelled at us to flee.  By the time we loaded up the children (10 minute max.) the bushes 2 houses down were on fire and soon leaped to a house across from us.  We also lost our pets that day, a decision made in total denial of what was happening and one that will live with me forever.  The fire has taken so much more from me and my family than our belongings.  It is incredible to me that it has offered up a blow to my soul so much more..................  But as with all hardships in life we must pick ourselves up and move forward.


Further on in the letter..........................


Your "pay it forward" challenge is a good one.  One that I hope I am achieving whether in a grand gesture **** ** ***** or in everyday kindnesses.  I can't say Thank You enough.  I will use the supplies you sent with great happiness and think of you often when I see them.

It does continue on...........................
however, I'm not sharing anymore.

A little act of random kindness goes a long, long way.  I was so touched by this letter I cannot tell you what it has meant to me.  I am going to write back to Linda because now I have her address. 

Take a moment out of your busy lives and do a pay it forward. Someone, somewhere at sometime has been kind to you. The rewards are more than you can imagine.



Search This Blog