Friday, September 23, 2011

Pay it forward

I saw something about "paying it forward" somewhere and I want to start something going with my readers.  This week I'm paying it forward to a young lady who lives in Slave Lake, Alberta.  She is a mom of two little children and her home was destroyed in the fires.  She lost her sewing machine and all her fabric.

I cannot imagine my fabric gone!  This is but a tip of the iceberg of the material in my possession.  You don't realize how much you have lost until it's -- well -- gone. 




I was down at an open house at my local quilt shop on Saturday and thought these would be a good start.  I know it's only 3 fat quarters but it's three fats she didn't have last week.  I chose these as I have no idea what her tastes are.  You can't go wrong with neutrals -- well in my humble opinion anyway.  I tucked a few other things in too.  A measuring tape, spool of thread, little scissors, a ruler, note cards.  Nothing much.




Now my challenge to all my readers is to start a "pay it forward".  It doesn't have to be quilting, it could be anything for anybody.  I chose this young lady because of the comment she made on Blanket Slave Lake with Love on Facebook.  She is so excited to have a new sewing machine and be able to get going again. 

Linda I wish you well. 


Sometimes a small thing you do, can mean everything in another person’s life.







Search This Blog