Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh-oh, oh-oh.......

I made a boo-boo!

I was working on my baby quilt and merrily going along and then realized I had made one big goof.
I have told you all before that when applying a light fabric to a dark background when using fusible web, you always, always, always put a layer of fusible interfacing on the back of the light fabric.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I forgot.  It's fixed and I'll tell you how I did it.

Lay your cut out piece down with the right side facing up, on the fusible interfacing.  You want the unfused side facing up.  (The rough side as the glue on it.  You don't want that side)

Trace around the entire piece and then cut it out. 

Remove the paper from the fusible web and then lay the fabric/fusible web on the interfacing   The smooth side goes onto the back of your piece.  There should be enough stickiness from the web to hold the interfacing while you trim away any excess.  DO NOT PRESS.  I cannot say that often enough.  DO NOT PRESS.

Now lay the piece onto your background, following the order of placement.
Press in place.  Do not move your iron when working with fusible.  Lift it up and down until all edges are secured.
Now this piece is ready for the blanket stitch.  Then I'll add the rest of the lamb.



Search This Blog