Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It shouldn't have happened

but it did.

Last fall, Gloria  (my quilter of the month from yesterday) on the quilting forum asked us if we would like to do a block swap.  Four of us said "yes".  I made 56 blocks and sent them off.  I handpicked the fabric.  It was special.  Some maple leaves, a fabric I bought in Pennsylvania that had quilting bees on it................something that all of us could have on our quilts.

I sent them to North Dakota and they arrived just fine as did everyone else's.  Gloria sorted them and shipped them out.  I got mine, Betty got hers and so did Barb, but Leisa's never arrived, and never arrived and still to this day there is no hope they will ever get there.  Gloria got some of the parcel wrapping back from USPS and somewhere there are 50 blocks.  Where?  We have no idea. 

Gloria asked all of us if we would mind making some more and sending them off.  We all of course said yes. I was disappointed as I had carefully selected the fabric for my blocks and some of it I didn't have any left.  I found one and then choose some new ones for Leisa. 

I made some more for myself too.  I made all of mine with black through the centre whereas the other girls just used dark fabrics.  I plan on putting one of their blocks, then one of mine, and so on and so forth.  The blocks measure  6 1/2" unfinished and to make a lap/twin you need 10 across and 12 down.  That's a lot of blocks, but I'll get it done.

I've heard our friend Betty is just about done hers..................by now she probably has as I'm writing this on the 5th of January.   Guess what?  It's done!!!  Beautiful, isn't it?

I plan on calling this quilt "Odds and Sods" cause that's what I chose from when I made the blocks


Search This Blog