Friday, August 5, 2011

More gifts -- I'm so lucky............Friday

First of all let me show you what Karl gave me, cause I don't think you've seen it.  We found this in PEI and I really liked it.  I've never had a tea set....................you won't find silverware in my house.........and I do love pansies.  I have absolutely no idea when I will ever use it, but if you drop by for tea one afternoon, I'll gladly serve it to you in my new teapot.


This came from my secret sister.  I think I may know who it is, but I'm not going to say.  I'm going to hold out until December when we find out for sure.

I have never seen anything like this...................this is the front
                                                                                                        Look at that beautiful embroidery

This is the back..............................note the upper corner


and this is what it turns into.  Isn't that the neatest thing you've ever seen?  This is something to be cherished, cause believe you me it won't be hanging in my kitchen for my crew to use.


Guess what?  That wasn't my birthday gift from my secret sister.  I got another parcel in the mail the day after this arrived.

Here it is......................some stitchery to do, a new pad of paper for the fridge and a new pen which is staying in the computer room so I have one when I need one....................ya, right, this one will have legs too, just like all the rest of them.
I have a special friend.  She lives in Illinois.  How did I meet her? We met on a quilting forum many moons ago. I asked about her black lab., cause I have a real soft spot for that breed.  And that was it.  Special Lady, special friend.

I received 6 of the most beautiful fat quarters in blue. 


Blue is Betty's favourite colour.  After this, its mine too.  I have the perfect pattern for them.  I've had it awhile now.  It is called Bringing Home the Tree.  It reminds me of Quebec where I spent my childhood.  I just looked at this site.  There are some pretty nice patterns on it.  Wow!  Okay, back to the project.  I'm starting it in January while the snow falls and the cool winds blow.  Cool.................I can hardly wait for that weather.

We are off on holiday on Monday.  Taking our youngest granddaughter away for a week so she has something to do.........................she is sooooooooooooooooo bored!  I'll post one column on Monday morning before we leave and then won't be posting as we are saving our "stick" to send messages to Mom.  Have a great week everyone.

Search This Blog