Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Quilts of the Netherlands

Charleen and I drove almost 200 kilometers to see the show and it sure was worth it.  I've been to others.............Quilts of Ireland, Quilts of Gee's Bend and now these.  These as you know by yesterday's posting are very special to Canadians.  The Dutch people are very special to us.  Many, many Dutch have relocated to our country and each and every one of them have been fine upstanding citizens and have contributed immensely to this country.

The show.........................it was fabulous.  I hope I can make next year's show.  No, I don't know what it is yet.  I have to wait awhile.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow design made with Smilebox


After we left the show, Charleen and I decided to drive up to a town called St. Mary's.  We stopped at the red light and when we looked over to our left we saw this fabulous old building.  It was built in 1891



Now look at the quilting pattern around the windows..........................

The stone work would make a darned interesting pattern too.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thinking, I'm thinking!

Tomorrow morning don't forget to download your pattern here for June Miss Birdie.  I'm going to do a Magnolia Warbler this time.  I'll tell you why when I post my finished block.



Search This Blog