Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wrap up!

A three day week-end is coming.  The family is coming tomorrow for Easter dinner as I thought everyone would have the day off work.  I forgot that restaurants would be open so therefore our oldest grandson won't be able to make it.  We are sending a plate home for him.  He would like white turkey meat, mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots.  A cupcake wouldn't go astray either.  We are sorry he can't join us, but he'll definitely be in our thoughts.

This is wrap up day!  I'm going to tell you about a few purchases I've made over the last few days..........one I can't wait to get to.  This quilt will be in the show next year.  I have to be very cautious and take my time with it.

Remember these fabrics? 

Photobucket

my pattern arrived for them.  I saw this pattern made up at our local quilt shop when I popped in for some thread about two weeks ago.  I fell in love with it! However, they had no patterns in stock.  I went on line to Elisa Wilson's website and ordered everything I need to make it.

I'll have to have my Red Rose tea brewing while I make this up.  Good tea, very good tea.  Earl Grey is good to, but I do love my Red Rose.

PhotobucketI decided seeing as I was on the site, I may as well order the templates too.  You need both sizes...........the top are the 3 1/2" and the bottom are the 7".  If you order the 7" templates you receive a free pattern.  I think I may try the Circle Dance pattern next winter.  That's it on the front cover of the 7" templates. 

Photobucket

Another purchase I made and this was just last week was the June 2011 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.......................Sew Scrappy!  Now you either love it or you want to leave it............making scrappy quilts.  I don't do a lot of them.  My friend Betty loves them and she does the most fantastic job on the them.
Betty makes them from Civil War prints and from 30's prints.  Each and every one are beautiful.  Okay, I digressed on this one.

Photobucket




The magazine comes in a plastic sleeve.  The supplement is all about choosing fabrics and changing colours.  I love selecting fabrics and after years working in a quilt shop I find it easy.  Not working in a shop now, I leave it up to the staff.  They know what they have from being in the shop on a daily basis, I don't, but I can still pick out what works and what doesn't.  We each have our own tastes and don't leave it to the sales person to tell you what to pick.  If you don't like it, don't take it.

I was going to tell you all about the trivet swap on the forum, but I got rather gabby here, so I'll leave it until Monday. 

Have a wonderful week-end everyone.  Our family will be together on Friday and on Saturday we are going out for fish and chips with friends and then back here for Lemon Merinque pie.

See you Monday




Search This Blog