Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter wallhanging

Susan called the other day and asked if I have any Easter quilts.  I have one!  It measures 32" x 32" and she said that will be fine.  Its going to hang at The Oakville Museum next week-end and I'm quite honoured.

I turned the quilt over and was surprised to find out when I read the label (see how handy they come in), that I made this in 2005 from a pattern in a Quiltmaker magazine.















This was something new that I had never tried before.  I really enjoyed making this


and when the grands were small they loved to look at it hanging in the dining-room window while they ate their Easter dinner.  Now take a look and see why you would hang it there...................


I think this is so neat.  I made individual blocks for members of the family to hang in their windows and on their patio doors.  That's all I'll have this year.  Morgan can put it up in the kitchen for me when she comes over on Thursday night.  She is the helper this year. 

We have cupcakes to ice, stuffing to prepare and the table to set.  We'll be quite busy on Friday and she will enjoy every minute of it.






Search This Blog