Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday's woes!!!

I've been working on almost nothing for a week.  One baby quilt that has caused me all kinds of angst because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.  Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, I hate when I do that!!!

I found these great directions on Missouri Star Quilt Company for a disappearing nine patch.  They offer the very best tutorials.  I love this one.

Using 9 ~~ 5" charm squares you sew them together, 3 x 3

001 [800x600]

After you have sewn them together in both directions, you then cut them in half.............in both directions.  Lay your ruler 2 1/4" on the seam.

004 [800x600]


Now you get to play!!  Which way do you want these blocks?  Here are three settings.

005800x600-1


This is what I chose.  Now if I had sewn the next set the same it would have been sooooooooooo easy, but I didn't!  I messed it up.  So my quilt is slightly different from what you would do.
008 [800x600]

This is from the fat quarters I won from Benartex just for saying how much I liked a line of fabric.  This wasn't the line though.  It is very pale, not something I use very often.  I'm donating it to a local organization.
Oh, would you like to see the top................its unquilted, but won't be for long.

baby quilt 006a


Search This Blog