Friday, March 25, 2011

One done, four to go

I started on Sunday and worked through until Monday and one is done.  Right after Christmas, Kristina asked for new stockings and a tree skirt.  I told you all this before, but for new readers I'm filling in quick details.  I started the skirt and to say I didn't like it ~~ well that is telling it mildly. 

I ordered a different green from Connecting Threads two weeks ago and its here.  I love it!!  Its here, you just have to scroll down a bit until you see it on the right hand side.  Its the evergreen.  It makes the trees just pop right off the fabric and that's what I was trying to achieve.

Now the girl also wanted the stockings BIG and I think I've achieved it.  Direct quote "22 inches, Mom".  I drew it up and showed her....................yes, that was the size.  Okay.  Get ready...................here it is.
a work in progress


When you compare to the regular size one that Karl and I have...................boy Santa must be awfully good to them at their house.
snow 006

The original pattern came from Angie's Bits and Pieces.  I used the design, just made it bigger............much bigger.
The first of five

Our young lady turns 40 on Sunday.  We are going over for lunch.  I cannot believe that 40 years have passed and excuse me folks while I share a moment with Jan.  Do you remember getting the phone call asking for you to come over and stay with Peter?  And do you also remember that Karl offered you a coffee while the I sat there waiting for him to get going?  Memories.  We do have a few.




Search This Blog