Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Christmas party

Ricky Nelson may have gone to a garden party, but I went to a Christmas party last Wednesday night at 6:00.  It was a lot of fun.  It was on our quilting forum.

We met in the chat room and as we talked we opened our gifts sitting in the comforts of our computer chairs and eating treats. 

My gift giver was Mamu, also known as Laura.  She sent me a fabulous parcel full of goodies.  First up a tin.  I love tins.  They can decorate a room or hold all sorts of treasures.  I have no idea what this one will hold.  It has snowmen on it. 

Inside was a seam ripper..............I always need those........and a marking pen.  A little notebook and a brand new pattern.  My daughter is going to want this one made up.


And take a look at the potholder she made for me.  It is so cool.  Shaped like a heart with chocolate chip cookie fabric!
I need new potholders/oven mitts.  I've made a hole right through mine and I just cannot stand anything hot near my body.  Its a thing from my childhood.  If its too hot, Karl gets to handle it.
Thanks Mamu.  I love my gifts.


In the spirit of giving, I watched Steven and Chris on Friday afternoon while I was sewing my last Christmas gnome.  I stopped to watch this.  What cool, cool ideas for giving.  Next year................the last one is for my grands (if I remember).

Now, I also have to share this.  Barb and I have exchanged Christmas ornaments for years.  This was her gift to me this year......................Smarty Pants.

Little red pants that are filled with.....................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you guessed.  Smarties!  What a great idea and she shared the pattern with me.  These are the ornament to my grands for next year.

Search This Blog