Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another gift done

It has taken awhile, but Karl's gift is finally finished.  I had trouble with this one.  I thought I could trim up the panel and then do some borders around it.  Clothworks had a pattern on their site and I thought I liked it.  Unfortunately I purchased the wrong fabrics to make it.  So I came up with this...............



Hmmm!  I didn't like it.  Then I decided to put a red border around the perimeter and then my mind went into overdrive.  What not embellish it?  With seed beads and larger beads and some embroidery.  I secured the front to batting and started.
















I had to buy more seed beads and the second lot were a bit brighter in colour which added even more to the panel.  This is the finished product and we have already found a living-room wall where it will hang.

The extra fabric will be put to good use.  I'm going to make an Irish Chain Christmas Quilt.  Lucky person that inherits the wall hanging will have a quilt to go with it.  I have some of it ready to go and I can work on this at my leisure.

I finished up the poinsettia/candle wall hanging too.  I'm really happy with it.  This is for the kitchen.  I'll get to see it a lot over the next couple of weeks.  Thanks Angie for the pattern.
I still have baking to do and hopefully will get some done today............mincemeat tarts and Klejner........a sugarless cookie for Karl.






Search This Blog