Thursday, April 15, 2010

Where do you get ideas from?

Sometimes, you never know where you will pick an idea up from.  I got one of mine from here.....take some time out of your morning and watch this............

http://online.wsj.com/video/quilting-is-where-this-trucker-wants-to-bee/E333CBAF-543A-482B-8B54-5E1E036773AB.html

Do you watch it?  Did you see all those lovely ziploc bags?  I use them for different things in the sewing room, but I had to pick my quilt up off the floor and I didn't want to mess up the layout.  I went to the $ store and bought some zippered ziploc bags (last time I buy them from there!!!!!)



The first thing I did was make sure that these blocks were facing in the same direction before I started to stack them.









I picked each row up starting from the bottom of the row and working my way to the top.

















Each bag was marked with a row number and then the stack from that row was placed inside the bag.  When they were all picked up and bagged


I stacked them on my big table ready to get back to it over the week-end.

After all this writing, I was saying to my DH that the zip bags from the $ store were garbage.  One zip and the bag is ripped and it is open.  He came up with an even better bag!  As we all know cotton loves to breathe.  His idea....buy the veggie bags from Ziploc.  They have freshness vents and if its good enough for vegetables, it will be great for cotton fabric too, well IMHO.

Search This Blog