Monday, February 8, 2010

When you see these......

I dropped over to Diane's one day for a short visit (that turned into a few hours), and as I was leaving I took a look into her living-room.  I stopped dead in my tracks.  On her living-room wall are two of the most gorgeous wallhangings I have ever seen.  I just stood there and gawked at them.  They are just stunning!!!!

Her husband Frank told her they were too pretty to be hidden in the bedroom and boy is he right.  Diane made these to compliment her queen size kimono quilt that she has on her bed.  Another stunner! 

Diane at the moment is golfing and sewing and sitting and eating her time away in Florida.  I'm up here in S. Ontario freezing and waiting for a snowstorm.  (Hope she reads this and feels great sympathy for me.)
Lady number one
This wasn't a pattern but an outline design to be filled in. 

Lady number two
The face and hands were done with fabric paint.  Look closely at the detail of the head.  So beautifully done.  Diane chose the fabric for the ladies.  She did a wonderful job of getting it just right and I wish you could all see them in person and take in the detail of the work close up.  The fabric just flows around the ladies. 

The pieces are all finished with a satin stitch.  Diane stippled the background with a co-ordinating thread and then they were framed.  They look stunning, but I think I've said that before.
Awesome, Diane, just awesome!

Search This Blog