I am finished for this year. I think I ended up making 35 pillowcases for donation I'm ready to move on to other things.
The pattern is from All People Quilt pillowcase challenge. I've made the same one for many years now.
Okay here we go:
A lot of different ideas for pillowcases for children. You have to sort of cover the bases.This fabric was given to me to make a few pillowcases up. Paula works in my local quilt shop and when I walked in one day she handed me a stack of fabric. The whales are the cutest so we added blue water from the Caribbean. The flowers just needed a cuff. Some of that is left-over so I'm thinking maybe some scrunchies. There is more, but I've run out of oomph!!
We dropped this off on September 17th to Ronald McDonald house. That's it for this year.
Other charities need our help which we have been stocking up for.
I'm going to add this before publishing.
We drove over and dropped off the pillowcases to Ronald McDonald House in Hamilton. I have asked twice for thank you letters to be sent out and it never happened. Karl and I have never been thanked so I made the decision to not donate anymore. Roughly the total cost of this donation is about $600.00. People don’t seem to realize that sewing has turned into an expensive hobby and for us to spend the time and the money to donate is costly. Two words that mean so much and get said so little and this time an organization will feel it.
You may now leave comments on the blog. Just remember "to be kind".




No comments:
Post a Comment