Friday, February 16, 2024

There are days

 you really don't have much to offer.  I guess this is one of them.  So I am going to give you a book review 

My butcher was away on holidays and posted that this book was fantastic.  I posted—it’s going I’m
on my wish list.
He said, I’ll lend it to you.
I have ever read a book as funny as this or as Canadian!
Rick Mercer was born in Newfoundland and believe me the east coasters in this country are the very best.
The people from “the rock” have a sense of humour second to nine, kindness oozes out of them.  You won’t find folks like these anywhere else in the world, never mind Canada!
This guy was part of a television show on our national broadcaster CBC.
The show was called….This Hour has 22 Minutes.

I’m going to put some names up for you and if you are Canadian you will know them all
Alan Doyle
Seamus O’Reagan
Jean Chrétien 
Stockwell Day
Peter Mansbridge
Knowlton Nash
and so many more
If you have been fortunate enough to travel to our eastern most province here are a few places
Bishop’s Falls
St. John’s
Water Street
The Battery
George Street
Bosnia
It truly is an amazing place with amazing people

I really cannot recommend this book enough.  
It’s a laugh out loud book. 
It’s written for Canadians by a great Canadian.

To thank Peter for the loan of the book I made him a bookmark in his sports team’s colours.
I hope he likes it.




Search This Blog