Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Every evening

 my friend Buddy comes and visits me.  He sits on the floor until I say the magic words "come on".  Then he hops up on the sofa and very gently taps me on the arm -- you know -- just in case he doesn't think I know he is there.

After many scratches behind the ears and many strokes down the length of his body, he lays down and naps.
Buddy needed a new cover for the sofa.  Well, that's what I told myself.
I had a piece of fabric that was going elsewhere but I love this fabric and I decided it was staying here. 
I cut it back to about 22" by the length, minus the selvedge.
I used a piece of muslin on the back and spent the afternoon in the sewing room.
I used OMNI-V 9138 and Ginger Hearts for the pantograph
Yes, there is a cat on the fabric.
 



I had almost decided to make this my last blog post.
Then
on Sunday
while sitting on the deck, I changed my mind.
The blog will continue 
BUT
there are going to be changes.
It won't be all about quilting.  There will be quilting
just not as much
There will be photography
There will be book reviews
I have reasons for less quilting.........mostly the cost of it
some of it 
that I have few places to give them too
My family all have enough quilts to last forever
and I'm not giving to charities as much because the price to make a
quilt is becoming unaffordable for people on pensions.
I hope you will stick around.
Follow the adventures.
There is a new name
"Little Bits"
but the URL remains the same.
Stay safe
Stay healthy
and the best news ever
we are fully vaccinated so we can get in the car
and go places now.
with my camera!
Oh
 and this may not be a regular Wednesday post
throughout the summer.
I'll just post when I have something to share.



 




Search This Blog