Monday, August 5, 2019

A l.on.g break

I decided to take some time off and have a holiday from blogging, from sewing.  It took it's own life and I did nothing until this last week.

I had fabric cut and ready to sew up from last summer so I opted to change the pattern to a small baby quilt and started with that.  I have a lot of squares left and found a free pattern online that I will use up more with.

These photos were all taken in the sewing room.  It's been so hot, and so sunny nothing was photographing well in the backyard.  I also had a ton of problems with this one quilt with tension.  No idea why.  I persevered and got it done.
I will also honour the winner with 5 points for finding the mistake.  This quilt was checked and checked and there it is.  I am so mad at myself.

 I walked into my local quilt shop in my village and found the backing just waiting for me.  This is sheer luck and perfection all rolled into one.

I saw a panel in the store and it came home too.  The panel is called Zoe the Giraffe and I was asked what the rest of them were called.  Zelda, Zac, Zara, Zane, Zeke, Zadie and Jerome, in honour of a well known Canadian giraffe.   He used to live with the Friendly Giant on a Canadian television show.  They were wonderful Canadian children's shows.  No violence, they let the children use their imagination, they read books to them.  It was the time of day my children had their morning break.  They loved it.  Mr. Dress-up and The Friendly Giant.  Perfection!

I could not get the backing to photograph well, so I
went on Maywood Studios and downloaded their swatch.  The line is from Love Is and it is beautiful.
https://maywoodstudio.com/fabric/love-is.html

I know more of it is coming into my home next month.


That's it for this post.  I have more quilts on the go.  One is extremely bright.  I'm a bit disappointed but it is a tribute to our firefighters, our police officers, our EMS workers and our air ambulance personnel.  That's all I'm telling you.


Search This Blog