Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday mutterings......

I was going to post this tomorrow but that is May!!  Marvellous May, we can hope and you will be able to download your next block from Fat Cat.

Here we go with my 3rd block.  I changed my machine.  I'm going to use my Sapphire because I'm getting rid of the #1.

 I shorten the length of the straight stitch for the nose

 The front before......
 The back before......
 The back after.......
 and the front.  I do wish I had paid a bit more attention to the placement of the hat piece and the trees were going upward, not downward, but hey.........
I decided on my sashing fabric.  I'm using one of the three I had in my stock.  It's called Merry Taupe Collection and it's from Lecien.  I've had it for awhile waiting for the right quilt.  I'll show the rest next month.
I thought if I started the sashings now and do them as I go along, it will be less work at the end.  This fabric is what decided me on my colourways for the quilt. 


A link to Fat Cat is at the bottom of the page.

Search This Blog