Thursday, October 26, 2017

And then


I had to make a decision.  I was given a large piece of fabric with two extra pieces.  The main piece was large 45 x 60 and one of the other fabrics was for a border and the third piece I guess was for the binding.
I gave it some thought, I asked others opinions and the decision was......
cut it in half so you would have two baby quilts instead of one.  
I used the modified pantograph Ginger Flowers and Hearts with a beautiful yellow King Tut thread.

This is a Mumms the Word fabric from many years ago.  It is a very "fine" piece of cotton.  Almost like a lawn fabric
Lawn cloth or lawn is a plain weave textile, originally of linen but now chiefly cotton. Lawn is designed using fine, high count yarns, which results in a silky, untextured feel. The fabric is made using either combed or carded yarns.




Even with the flannelette on the back of the quilt it is still very lightweight, so I decided to really quilt this one.  The design is 6" wide and even with all that thread, it is still light.




Search This Blog