Wednesday, August 23, 2017

and then she made

another baby quilt, but this one was commissioned.  My customer Barb picked up the cutest little fabric while on vacation in Michigan and I just designed and purchased the other two pieces.
Cheryl and I chose one of my favourite greys and then the Northcott Sesquicentennial
I purchased a new pantograph for this quilt, but I didn't like the way it stitched out, so sat for two days with the seam ripper taking it out again.  It was so dense you couldn't tell one vehicle from another.  It probably would have been fine if I had made it larger but the bed of my machine only allows for so much depth.  I went 10" and it wasn't enough.  
So this is it......all done with a favourite pantograph
the front
 Anne's truck panto
 the back
 and now the trucks are empty and heading home

Is it time to recover your ironing board?  I got this tip from Deborah at the Village Square Quilt shop and the farmer graciously redid my board.  It is now covered in flannel!  No more silver coloured stuff on my board.
This is fabulous and I wish I had know about years ago.  You get the crispest seams I have ever had.  When I removed the stitching from the quilt, I spritzed the back of the quilt with Mary Ellen's Best Press and then water.  I left it to soak in and then pressed with steam.  Not one stitch hole can be seen.




Search This Blog