Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February means

I'm going to fool you here......not
and



no, no, no, it means finish
Get it out, get it done.

I have a bunch of unfinished projects waiting to have backings made and get them sandwiched.  This is the month.  
I'm starting with this one.  How long has this been around?  Well, the grass was green and visible so it must have been last fall......maybe late September??????  I remember taking it to stitch and chat and bringing it back home unhappy with not coming up with something.

I need a backing so here it is.  Leftovers from the front sewn together.  Then I selected a fabric that has been in my stash and on a bolt board for awhile to finish it off.  Not only have I used up the leftover blocks but saved myself some fabric for the backing by doing so.


If you take a close look at the backing you will notice "two of those blocks are not like the others, two of those blocks are not the same."
I've saved you the trouble of finding them. (Hint, hint, they have red around them.)  I had these scraps sitting on the cutting table so made them up so I could finish a row.  It also saved me wasting fabric by cutting a strip 6 1/2" and only use two blocks from that strip.

Now to sandwich, machine quilt and bind.  I'm just going to do some straight line quilting on this.  Nothing fancy.  




I was in the background of the blog and was surprised to see that sometime this month I will post my 1000 column.  That absolutely amazed me.  I started out posting 7 days a week, then 6, then 5 and now down to 3.  Who would have thought way back in 2009 that I would still be here sharing my quilting with all of you.

I finished this UFO.  It's in the knitting category.  It qualifies as far as I'm concerned because I bought the yarn last year.

Search This Blog