Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The sun was shining as we



loaded up the car and headed out to the Kitchener Waterloo Quilt show last Friday.

I had three people in my car and Charleen brought her friend up with her from Port Dover.  I think I pulled in the parking lot about 5 minutes after Charleen so we timed it well.

Two years ago Charleen and I went to this show and thoroughly enjoyed our day.  Of course, we also went to a couple of quilt shops afterwards.

This show was even better! The first slide just seemed appropriate to start the show off with.  You will see it again and the detail that was in the quilt.  It was fabulous and my choice for #1.  I don't normally vote at a show but I thought this one deserved it.
This is the label from the quilt.  I put it here as well as in the Smilebox because here, you can read it at your leisure.

The quilt auction is held every May in New Hamburg, Ontario in the fairgrounds.  They raise a lot of money for Mennonite Relief.

Enjoy the Smilebox.  Oh and yes I did buy a few batiks.  Two sets from one shop and four fat quarters from another.  They aren't all here, just the two sets.
Untitled


The pillowcases this week are the same fabrics for both the body and the band.  I used flat piping in between to give it a bit of oomph and it makes it "pop".  A bit of colour for a youngster.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a photo slideshow

Search This Blog