Friday, April 19, 2013

Short, sweet and to the

point.  Nothing fancy or gabby today.
My quilt for Quilts of Valour is ready to go...........but no label was on it.  I went onto the website to find what they suggested.  Heck they actually give you one.
I downloaded one for myself and one for Margery.  When I ran them off I discovered they were kind of small.  No room for sewing IMG_6160on border fabric, so I thought about it for awhile and came up with this.....
I used fusible web behind the label and applied it to the same fabric as the backing.  I sewed it down to give it extra durability.  As of writing this blog, I didn't have it sewn in place, but I decided to sew it down on an angle in one corner.

Something just a little bit different.
IMG_6159We are dropping off the quilts tomorrow when we go to the Mississauga Quilt Show.  5 of us are travelling over to take it in and then I heard we're going out for lunch! 
I've been asked by Robin to take photos so one more reason to get the pictures, put them into a Smilebox and share them with you soon.
Here's the link for their show
http://mississaugaquiltersguild.ca/quilt-show/


By the way, it's sewn down now.

Search This Blog