Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1 hour 14 minutes

That is what it took me to complete this..........................

and I started with this.........................

Charleen was a couple of minutes behind me but only because her bobbin ran out and she hadn't noticed.  If not we would have been neck and neck at the finish line.  It gave me a chance to take a photo.



Karen on the left in the photo was the gal that started this all off.  She talked to us about it at the February Mystery Day and showed us her quilt.  We were "in" as soon as we saw it.  Wouldn't you have been?


We had to have our photo taken out on the front porch.  Now there is a darn good reason for that Dodger hat on my head.  I'm a long, long, long Dodger fan.  I grew up in Montreal where the Royals, their farm team, used to play.  Everyone cheered for the Brooklyn Dodgers.  It hurt when they moved west,  but we still cherish the team.  When Karen was away on holiday she picked up a LA Dodger pin and as soon as I came home, it went on that hat.  Boy, I'd love to see them play.  I'm putting that on my bucket list.  So far this year in the Cactus Leaque..............they have 12 wins, 8 losses and in 3rd place. 


As we were leaving, we were given a little goodie bag.
and tucked inside were these little treasures.                
Gold from that infamous pot of gold at the end of the Irish rainbow (well, the class was on St. Paddy's Day), clips for when you do binding, a lovely green fat quarter, and see those little ponytail thingies...................you put them on your bobbins to hold the thread in place.  You can get them at the dollar store.  Who'd a thunk it?  Janet, the store owner. 
Last a beautiful new scissor fob.  I must find out where you can get those.


It was a really good two hours.  We had a load of fun and we're looking forward to another adventure.  By the way, I have the directions on how to make a quilt for a baby using this method and I'll post it tomorrow.



Search This Blog