Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh, my gosh...............

The other night I mentioned to Karl that my iron wasn't working properly.  I love this iron.  Its a Panasonic cordless and its perfect for quilting IMHO.

I have had it for awhile, and the last couple of weeks it has been leaking very badly.  One morning when I went downstairs the top of the ironing board was soaking wet.  I do mean soaking.  I think I could have had a swim in the amount of water that was laying there.  Now I must admit, I'm not the best one in the world for emptying my iron.  More often than not I leave what remains in the iron and just start it up again the next time. 

Karl said before I went and spent $100 for a new iron that he would take it apart and take a look at it.  Oh, my gosh I couldn't believe what he found.


a closer look like you wanted one


Isn't this disgusting?  This is burnt fluff!!!!!!  We couldn't figure out what the odour was every time I put it on.  Now we know.

Karl cleaned out the mess and rebuilt the iron.  I tried it on Sunday afternoon while working on a couple of little projects and its now working fine again.

I still have the iron I was given for a wedding gift 45 1/2 years ago.  It has been dropped on the floor numerous times but like a Timex, it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.  Karl is going to put his big vacuum to it and clean the dust out of it.  I'm going for a record on how long this wonderful gem lasts.  It isn't a steam iron and you could never buy one like it now.  Everyone who uses it, loves it. 



Search This Blog