Monday, February 7, 2011

Isn't it amazing...........

what one little block can do? 

Karl is a woodworker and before Christmas he made a doll's cradle for the new wee girl down the road.  Since then he has made one more for another little girl in the neighbourhood.

It is now up to me to make the "mattresses" and the quilts.  They only have to be 16" x 20" and I'm making them with two fabrics.......................a yellow and a turquoise.  I decided on the block and went on EQ7 to decide which way I wanted it.  Well!! 

I had an idea of what I wanted, but what I hadn't planned was how many ways this simple little block could be used.

The fabric is cut into 10 -- 4 7/8" x 4 7/8".  Both fabrics you cut the same.  On the back of one of the fabrics.....I chose the yellow one, draw line from one corner to the other corner on the diagonal.  Lay this fabric on top of the other fabric RIGHT sides together.
Sew 1/4" on both sides of the drawn line.  You will cut them apart on the line.  Your finished blocks will look like this.



My thoughts for this little quilt was this..........


















and then............................I started to think about it.
Turquoise Diamonds

To the Point


Yellow Diamonds

Which way are they going?

Maybe its flying geese and maybe.....

The diamond in the corner

Which way are those geese going?

You could probably come up with many more, but isn't it amazing what one little block can do

Search This Blog