Friday, November 19, 2010

Stepping Stones in the Garden

Way back around the first of the month I posted a list of things to do.  Things I had to get done. 

Get Taylor's quilt sandwiched and quilted
Finish the backing of Morgan's quilt and get it quilted
Make pillowcases for Peter and Heather, only two, two are done
Put the label on the Gecko wall hanging
Make placemats
Make an apron
Make table favours
Get Karl's gift done
Bind a quilt that is at the long-arm quilters
Find something special to make for someone special

Look........................there are actually things that are crossed off. 

I finished up the binding on the quilt that was at the long-arm quilters last night.

 I designed the quilt on EQ with input from Peter and Heather.  I didn't have a name for it, so I asked for help from my buddies on my quilting forum. I got a lot of help, but one  suggestion really caught my eye.  Stepping Stones in the Garden.  That's the name for this one.

I made the label too.  I used their wedding invitation which is fading away so I had to darken it a bit. 

This is the year-long gift.  They received the top on their anniversary, but were told when I designed it, that it would also be birthday and Christmas.  We don't normally give anniversary gifts and certainly not "this kind of money" anniversary gifts.  20 years is special though.  My kids made it!  The other two will make 20 and more too. They have rock solid marriages.  Like their Mom and Dad.

Thanks to Robin of Pettyquilt Junction for the fabulous quilting.  This quilt has never been a favourite and was so hard to work on -- I hate the colour blue -- but the quilting turned what I didn't like, into something I now like.

I hope I remember to have the camera on hand Christmas Day.

I went back and finally found the "thread" for the selection of the name of the quilt.  Oh dear, I gave it the wrong name.  I have apologized to Gnomatter.  The winning name was really Steps in the Garden.  I really have to do something about my memory.  Course, I have a reason for it.  I just have way too much on my mind.  (We need some emoticons on this blogger.)




P.S:.....I went back and finally found the "thread" for the selection of the name of the quilt. Oh dear, I gave it the wrong name. I have apologized to Gnomatter. The winning name was really Steps in the Garden. I really have to do something about my memory. Course, I have a reason for it. I just have way too much on my mind. (We need some emoticons on this blogger.)

P.P.S.......To find images for the top of the page (if I don't have something appropriate in my albums), I simply type in what I'm looking for.  Last night I typed in "blue images" and after scrolling down I found the bouquet.  I couldn't believe how much it resemble the floral blocks in the quilt.

Search This Blog