Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thrifty Thursday

It's time to cull the stash.  I've decided that when making small projects the backings will all be pieced willy-nilly, helter-skelter.
I dug through one tote and looked for fall coloured fabrics.  Even though it is a backing it still has to go with the front of the piece.  I found a few pieces that would work, some larger than others.  I needed something in the vicinity of 54 x 24.  I preferred larger if I could do it.
While I was in the tote I pulled all the small pieces and set them aside to donate to a local charity group.
When I was done cutting, trimming, sewing together I had this
and six pieces of fabric are used.  I will try to centre the top on the backing when I stitch it out.  I'll have to mark it to see where to place the top.  It might take a bit, but I'm going to try.
I threw it on the long arm, using a pantograph called "leaves" which is very fall looking.
I also used a King Thread thread with a variety of colours.  
I decided to round off the corners of the runner and used a metal tin lid so the cutter could rest against it.
 This is how it looked when I was done
 Bound and ready to use in October

 Photo of the day:
I keep cutting 2 1/2" squares as soon as I see a fabric that will fit in with the brightness of the other fabrics. 





Search This Blog