Wednesday, November 1, 2017

November 11th

No, I'm not ahead of myself.  I'm just getting ready for Remembrance Day.

The following came up on my Facebook feed and I decided that I am going to be doing this.


and this is what I'm using each day on Facebook.

Remembrance Day is a Saturday this year,
but I will  have a blog post for that day as I have every year since I started writing the blog.

Number one....a poppy

Number two...a book, a poem or a movie
This was harder to do because I can post all three so here you go.
My book, which is a Canadian book about World War One and the Halifax harbor.
The Glen Miller Story.......I don't know how many years ago I watched this

and of course, in Flanders Fields

Number three...red....
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old,
age shall not weary them, not the years condemn,
at the going down of the sun
and in the morning
we will remember them.

Number four....freedom

Number five......Passchendaele

Number six....a symbol of peace.  The Beaches of Normandy are quiet now

Number seven
This is the cenotaph in a small Ontario town.....Pembroke
My uncle was an OPP officer and was sent there during wartime.
He lost his life in a head on collision because the headlights on the vehicles were dimmed and the weather was bad.  He left behind my aunt and two cousins

Number eight....a wartime photo
War is not glamorous.

Number nine...a symbol or act of Remembrance
The Canadians that attend the Remembrance Day service in Ottawa, remove their poppies and leave them on the tomb of the unknown soldier

Number ten...A Canadian war hero or veteran
This is my cousin's son.
Number eleven.....Ceremony of Remembrance or a moment of silence
This is from Burnaby British Columbia














Search This Blog