Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I have had a piece

of fabric in my stash for awhile.  I thought it would make a great backing for a quilt when I bought it, but it wasn't working for anything.

I decided to draft up something and then buy additional fabric so I could get rid of it.  The problem fabric is on the far left and the other three were the ones I bought.
 I cut each one 9 1/2" x 3 1/2" and ended up doing something entirely different than I planned on.  I called it Rail Steps because I only used three fabrics.  As you can see it finishes at 45 x 54.
These are the rows on the flannel board ready to be sewn together.
I wanted something with movement for the pantograph so I chose Loose Threads.  
 I didn't have a bright blueish thread in stock so I used Lime Stone, King Tut by Superior.  This is my favourite "neutral thread."
And then I was done.  Two nights in front of the television hand stitching the binding.  Look at that binding.  I took the last of the circle fabric and just threw it in randomly with the blueish.  I wish I had one more piece for this, but I didn't, so it's going as is!






Search This Blog