of fabric in my stash for awhile. I thought it would make a great backing for a quilt when I bought it, but it wasn't working for anything.
I decided to draft up something and then buy additional fabric so I could get rid of it. The problem fabric is on the far left and the other three were the ones I bought.
I cut each one 9 1/2" x 3 1/2" and ended up doing something entirely different than I planned on. I called it Rail Steps because I only used three fabrics. As you can see it finishes at 45 x 54.
These are the rows on the flannel board ready to be sewn together.
I wanted something with movement for the pantograph so I chose Loose Threads.
I didn't have a bright blueish thread in stock so I used Lime Stone, King Tut by Superior. This is my favourite "neutral thread."
And then I was done. Two nights in front of the television hand stitching the binding. Look at that binding. I took the last of the circle fabric and just threw it in randomly with the blueish. I wish I had one more piece for this, but I didn't, so it's going as is!
This blog is dedicated to the young people that lost their lives from the Humboldt Hockey Team. It is also dedicated to the first responders, the doctors and nurses and to the families and the people of Saskatchewan
by Maya Angelou
"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."