Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I did consider not

posting this and then remembered the cause.  It deserves recognition.
The charity group at Sew Etc., here in Burlington have been busy making quilt tops for the
Big Sewing Bee, part of this year's Quilt Canada celebration and in recognition of our 150th birthday.    All of the quilts -- and they hope to get 1000 -- will be donated to Ronald McDonald Houses and Children's hospitals across our country.
After thinking about it for an hour, I decided I could help them out.  I phoned the store and volunteered to put some quilts through the long arm.  I told Pam to just pull one of them and I would get backing and donate the batting and thread.  I wanted something quick but a pretty pattern for this so I chose Simply Clematis from Anne Bright.  It stitches out beautifully and added a bit to the scrappy quilt.
 I asked Nick for one of the Northcott fabrics "Canadian" line of fabric to tie in the theme and I opted for a rather colourful fabric for the binding to pull it all together.




Every child deserves an extra special "hug" only a quilt can give.


Search This Blog