Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

That's life

Some days are diamonds, some days are stone.  I had a stone day!
Last year I made this for our front porch.
When Peter saw it, he asked for one for their house.  I phoned another store I knew had them and picked it up.
Well, I just got 'round tuit! the other day.  Wow, what a difference the designer made to her kits. I was a bit surprised by one of the fabrics.  
 This is the one for the wings of the goose.  I liked the fabric from my kit better so I searched my stash and found something pretty darn close to it.
This is the first one I made
 and this is the second after I substituted a fabric from my stash
 I couldn't get the outer edge of the leaf to fit with the inner leaf so after fusing it, I pulled it off.  Does it matter?  I don't think so.
Here it is with all the quilting done.
I have to bind and then it is travelling to it's new home.
This fabulous maple leaf fabric I found at Fabricland when Karl and I were in looking for cording for our new curtains.  They have/had a great selection of what I think are great Canadiana fabrics.  




by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF