Tuesday, April 18, 2017

That's life

Some days are diamonds, some days are stone.  I had a stone day!
Last year I made this for our front porch.
When Peter saw it, he asked for one for their house.  I phoned another store I knew had them and picked it up.
Well, I just got 'round tuit! the other day.  Wow, what a difference the designer made to her kits. I was a bit surprised by one of the fabrics.  
 This is the one for the wings of the goose.  I liked the fabric from my kit better so I searched my stash and found something pretty darn close to it.
This is the first one I made
 and this is the second after I substituted a fabric from my stash
 I couldn't get the outer edge of the leaf to fit with the inner leaf so after fusing it, I pulled it off.  Does it matter?  I don't think so.
Here it is with all the quilting done.
I have to bind and then it is travelling to it's new home.
This fabulous maple leaf fabric I found at Fabricland when Karl and I were in looking for cording for our new curtains.  They have/had a great selection of what I think are great Canadiana fabrics.  




Search This Blog