Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Some days are better than others

I wanted so badly to try something I haven't done before but when I turned on the long arm -- nothing!  Absolutely nothing.
I phoned Anne and she said check the fuse.  I did -- okay the farmer did -- and lo and behold, off with the dust and I was in business.  Who would have thought that.  I had a couple of more problems but if you don't long arm you wouldn't get it, so I'll just leave it at that.  Just stupidity on my part, nothing else.
I had an embroidery piece completed and had great intentions way back when, to make it into a journal cover.  Then after careful consideration I knew I would never use a journal, so I decided to make a pillow cover.
I pulled this gorgeous red from my Christmas stash and decided to do the "snowflake" panto that only two people in the world own and I am fortunate to be one of them.  I also wanted to try white thread on a coloured fabric and look how fabulous this is!  I am in love.
It took four passes so that I could cut this down to fit.......
this piece of embroidery/crayoning work!
This was a "freebie" last summer from Crabapple Hill Studio, but it is no longer available.  Sorry.
I found just enough of the polka dot co-ordinate to make a binding
and I bought one of those fancy zippers for the back.  I won't be doing that again.  W.a.y too expensive.
This is going in the Christmas box when it's done.  Karl used to take the kids "kite flying" and at this point I don't know who is getting it.  I thought our daughter, but then it was our son's kite.
Oh, what to do, what to do!

Search This Blog