Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Rollin', rollin', rollin'

keep those trucks just rollin'.
I had fun with this little quilt.  I got all the blocks made and then thought I would use invisible thread around them.  It kept breaking so I used Superior Threads So Fine #50 in a grey tone to do everything.  It saved me changing thread both in the top and the bobbin.
I have had most of these fabrics in the house for a long time so they were used -- some not used up -- but a dent in them anyway.
I wanted this to be bright and cheerful and my original thought was to use the truck colours for the sashings.  I finished the purple and red instead and the rest is back in the box.
 I knew this was going to be the outer border before I even started the first truck.  If you go bright on the outside, go bright on the inside.  It brings it all together.
 This is the backing.  I didn't have enough of the white or the blue and then the white was not 45" so I had to add a piece to the side.  Oh well, what are you going to do.  Fortunately, I had this solid in the box which works well.
 Onto the frame with a panto that is the same as the trucks.  Anne designed this one for me, but you have to wait for it!


Search This Blog