Wednesday, March 1, 2017

For many years

a gift from my mother-in-law sat in the basement at the old house because I was just too lazy to repair it.
One night recently I decided to take it apart and wash the needlepoint top.  The dirt that came out was shocking!  It's clean now.
The backing was tattered and I had thought at one time to pitch it out, but I never did.  I just held onto it.
 This is the backing I found in my stash.  A fat quarter of a cute print I picked up one day ~~ just because I liked it.
I auditioned it with the top and the creams were perfect.
 I sandwiched it and then chose
my new cone #9002 OMNI-V for the quilting.  It blended right into the fabric
and was barely visible

 until I took a really, really close up shot
I did put a zipper in the back.  To mark the rounded corners I had to use a Sharpie pen and my scissors to do the trimming.  I marked on the pillow/needlepoint side and it didn't matter what I picked up, I could not see the lines.  The Sharpie was going to be cut off so I wasn't too concerned.
And here it is.  I wonder if she ever thought it would still be in use this many years later.  How many?  I have no idea.






Search This Blog