Just Ducky

Just Ducky
by Cheri Leffler

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

There was an empty spot

on the wall in the living room beside the tv.  We have no plans on getting a larger tv so that spot has to be filled.
I dug out an old McKenna Ryan pattern and decided that I needed to get some border and background fabric.
Then............
I came home and decided that the background fabric was too white, too bright.....just too something so I dug through my fabrics and found this mottled batik.  I traced everything and fused it and did not like the light purple thistle flower.  It was fading away, so I dug through a box again and found the deep purple which is much better

 You could at least see them for a distance.
 Then I auditioned the fabrics I had purchased for the borders.  They were not working against the toffee cream paint job on our walls~~which I love and have no plans on changing it.
I tried the brown inner border.....
I tried a navy inner border
 and then I gave up!  It was time to go back to the store and try again.
This time I did a better job........well, Diane and I did.  These walls seem to do better with "odd" colours on them.  Bright fabrics work really well too........navy, red, deep purple.
A couple of days at the Mega Quilter and it was done.  I sewed the binding down on a Saturday evening while Karl watched tv.  I used to like these shows but they are repeats and repeats of the same thing from years gone by.  Unfortunately, there is little on tv anymore.

I could not remember what a scotch thistle looked like, so I googled an image and took the iPad downstairs with me.
and then attempted to replicate it.





SaveSave

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF