I dug out an old McKenna Ryan pattern and decided that I needed to get some border and background fabric.
I came home and decided that the background fabric was too white, too bright.....just too something so I dug through my fabrics and found this mottled batik. I traced everything and fused it and did not like the light purple thistle flower. It was fading away, so I dug through a box again and found the deep purple which is much better
I tried a navy inner border
This time I did a better job........well, Diane and I did. These walls seem to do better with "odd" colours on them. Bright fabrics work really well too........navy, red, deep purple.
A couple of days at the Mega Quilter and it was done. I sewed the binding down on a Saturday evening while Karl watched tv. I used to like these shows but they are repeats and repeats of the same thing from years gone by. Unfortunately, there is little on tv anymore.
I could not remember what a scotch thistle looked like, so I googled an image and took the iPad downstairs with me.
and then attempted to replicate it.