Wednesday, February 1, 2017

and then came the cats.......

I made the backing and decided that I would load the quilt on the frame and leave it overnight.  I knew I was cutting it close on the length but decided it was only the points of the runner so thought I would give it a try.
                                     
 Lo and behold, overnight someone thought this was a hammock.  I decided to take it off and reload and then thought I may as well make the backing longer.
                                     
 I took a piece of the grey and popped it in between the red which by the way, is not centred.
 Then I figured maybe I should put some muslin on the ends so I could find the starting point easier and the pantograph would be centered on the two rows I had to do.
 I chose a panto called Kitty Kats and it took 10 minutes to quilt it out.  Then I rolled the quilt.
Eyelashes!
I figured I could take this off and just fixed this one spot, but starting row 2 it was the same thing.
I rewound the bobbin, I rethreaded the machine, I cleaned the wheels -- I did everything.  
And then I walked away.
I posted on Facebook and Leisa suggested to try to thread one more time.  I got out my video and followed it step by step.
I must have made the same mistake each time I threaded because this time was pure success.

Sometimes the fabric and the panto are just made for each other.


and it is even Buddy approved!
Now just in case you think only Buddy gets his picture taken, you are wrong.
Tommy does too.
The mountain climber!









Search This Blog