On January 5th I posted a blog about a table topper I was making. You can read it here.
Anne was over on Monday to give me a tutorial on how to operate my long arm because I just couldn't remember a couple of things. Once I did them it all came flowing back into a brain that wasn't working quite up to snuff.
I looked over the topper and decided to pick up (well sort of pick up), the one flower that was on one of the fabrics for the pantograph.
I chose Ginger Flowers and I made it small. I believe -- if my memory is working okay -- that I did it 6 1/4". Anne suggested a grey OMNI-V thread, #9138, from Superior that I bought from Anita/Cottonmill Threadworks.
I didn't want something big on a small piece. I also know this will be washed a lot seeing as it is going to be a "tablecloth" for us at our little table.
It stitched out beautifully. I used an 80/20 Hobbs batting and it came out nice and "pouffy", but it still lies nice and flat.
We have no snow and haven't had any for awhile. Lots of rain out there, but my measly little pile of snow at the side of the driveway doesn't make for good background.
As luck would have it, the backing is perfectly centered. If I had begged I couldn't have been luckier.
It is perfect for the table. I thought for a bit it may be too big, but it isn't.
The cats don't even bother with the tails of the cloth hanging over the edge. Lucky us!
I'm planning on another cloth. I think I'll do one in bright summer colours so we have two of them.