I decided to use my old stand by pattern "Chock Full of Charms Straight to the Point". I have made so many quilts from this pattern and each and every one looks completely different. I wish I had kept track of the number I have done.
This is going to be a topper/tablecloth/small quilt for the little table we sit at for our 3 squares a day. I had a quilt on the table over Christmas and really liked the looks of it.
We had friends come over to visit and when they left I had one hour before I had to make supper. I hit the sewing room.
Another hour after supper and I was surprised at how much I had done. I did cut the squares 5" and by the time I had the rectangle section together it measured 27 x 54
I took the top with me to the store and what I thought would work, just didn't. The red was overpowering and the black was too much. My first thought of black as an inner border didn't work as a tiny inner border, so it will be the binding.
I have a super red/black variegated thread I'm hoping will work on this quilt. I just have to find a pantograph now and I can get this done.
I decided that from now on I'm only buying almost exactly what I need for the project I'm working on. This time I bought two fat quarter bundles and I wanted it all gone.
here is the backing. No fabric left over.
I will move again another day, and no way on this earth am I purging what I purged this time.
No way what.so.ever!