Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I know, you thought I was gone

never to return.  Life has been interesting around here, but things are starting to settle down......well a little bit.
With Christmas just around the corner I decided one Sunday to just forget about everything and get my little ornaments for the family done.  They were all paper pieced so I knew it would take awhile.
I had 5 done the day I decided this was it.  Time to bogey!
This is the first one made before we moved.
 and then there were four more
 I bought these "baskets" at Michaels for the sewing room because for some strange reason the baskets I had have been allocated for other things!
 This is the backing for 10 of the ornaments.  I didn't have enough of the fabric I used on the first one
 
Finally,  10 are done and ready to be sandwiched.
 The farmer was puddling in the storage room so I went downstairs and sandwiched and did the sewing around the edges.  I was so good at it, by number 7 I sewed the entire perimeter of the ornament!  Then I tried to find a seam ripper.  Nada, zilch, nothing.  Wherever did they go?  They were in a glass jar on the work station, but they are not there now and are nowhere to be found.
They are done now and yes, I finally found one seam ripper.  That was all I needed.  I'll search over the next few days for the remaining.  They have to be here.
This is the "gifting" tree all decorated for Christmas Eve.  It's an "Andersen tradition" and one I'll keep for as long as I can.  A new decoration for every member of the family.  



Search This Blog