Monday, December 26, 2016

A year in review

I started 2016 off well, but then along came this and that and things ground to a halt.

We decided to move away to another town and packing and purging commenced.  I gave a lot away from my knitting room, my sewing room and I will no longer be making my own cards.  That turned out to be not my favourite thing.

I will continue to quilt, but it will take awhile to set up the new room to my liking.  I have plans for the fabric I still possess.  No, I didn't give it all away, just what I didn't want anymore.  I've decided I don't like batik fabrics anymore so I'm looking for scrap patterns I can use it up, never to buy another piece.

What will 2017 bring?  No idea.  The quilts I make will quite possibly be all donations as I really don't need another quilt.  I would like some long narrow quilts as "fill ins" on walls in the house, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for them.  I also saw a quilt in the  Christmas movie "Let it Snow" I would love to replicate.  The pattern is called Charlotte's Thimbleberries Nine Patch and the instructions for the miniature can be found here.  I want a large quilt so I'll have to do some math and some EQ'ing to achieve this goal.

It will be an interesting year but hopefully not quite as eventful as 2016 turned out to be!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow generated with Smilebox

Search This Blog