I have no idea where the pattern came from, but the whole thing is raw edge appliqué. Butterflies and flowers on a background made up of 4 different fabrics.
I chose a pantograph from Anne Bright called Flutterbyes and made it big. I don't recommend a newbie doing this quilt on a long arm. Boy it was frustrating. Well for me it was. I have a few fold-overs but I'm not going to worry myself about it. It was a learning session and I learned!
I opted to use "Heather" #939 King Tut Superior Thread for this one. I had French Pastry OMNI-V all chosen and then changed my mind. I did use the OMNI on the back though.
It turned out well, even with the dragging over the very thick centre of the flower. I have no idea how much fabric was there, but it was a lot and trying to hold it flat with a needle coming at me, was not my cup of tea.
And then it was time to bind. I originally thought of just doing black but it really is hard on the eyes stitching it down. My eyes anyway.
I trimmed away the backing and realized I had enough fabric to make a scrappy binding. I stitched it all together and spent about an hour at the machine sewing it down. Now I have something to take to stitch and chat on Friday.