My friend Anne figured it out and I decided to try it. It is simple enough......sew four 2 1/2" x 8 1/2" strips together, then slash them. One "block" one way, one "block" the other. Then join the opposites together.
I did a mix and match and then I got bored with it. It wasn't turn out the way I expected. Maybe it shouldn't have been scrappy.
Too late to change my mind though.
Then it came time to put some borders on. I went searching for some ideas and this popped up. I used up the rest of the fabrics I had for one side and for the top. The two sides are solid blue.
Then it sat here again because I couldn't figure out how I wanted to quilt it. I had the thread colour chosen. I had one panto but couldn't get it to digitize properly (I'm just too new at this game) so I opted for another one.
My local store had a sale and I bought the backing for $7.00 a meter! If I hadn't bought the rest of the bolt, I would go back and buy more. It is by Cotton and Steel and it is beautiful.
and it's all done