Thursday, June 23, 2016

I offered to quilt

anyone's quilt top that they wanted to send to Fort McMurray.  Two girls took me up on the offer.  The first quilt belongs to Judy.  A lovely little lap quilt in soft, soft colours, Wonderful for a baby girl.  I used one of my favourite pantos on it Ginger Flowers.  This quilting just flows so beautifully across a quilt and can be used on so many of them.
 The thread is from Superior and it is OMNI-V French Pastry both the top and the backing.  I had tension issues when I tried a Gutermann thread in the bobbin so I opted to go with the white.



This is Diane's quilt.  This was a $10 quilt.  I don't know the details of these but it has something to do with taking a block home, completing it and getting it back when you are suppose to so you don't have to pay $10.  I think!
This is the before.......
This is the after.........after a lot of work.   Karl walked into the room and said your roller bars are loose.  We tightened everything and of course it affected the tension -- big time!  
I used the same panto but loaded the quilt sideways to I didn't have row after row after row.




 This was a Superior Blue OMNI thread.  Solid blue, no variegation.

and then it came back to me to pack up for Fort Mac.  The yellow binding really compliments for the front and the back of the quilt.

I'm going to be back on Tuesday with a wrap up.  I'll post the link to the alphabet for you and I'll show you the last thing I've been working on and that will be it until sometime in September.

Be Kind to one Another
Sunset, June 22nd, 2016






SaveSave

Search This Blog