To make a long story shorter..........when I was over at The Village Square Quilt Shop, I asked Deborah and Diane if they had any KimberBell patterns. Diane knew exactly which pattern I wanted.
I took my pattern home and put it aside for a week as I had a quilt to get done, and a prom dress to shorten. An absolutely beautiful prom dress, I didn't take photos of!
This is the pattern I love. I think it's that one pot of flowers tipped to the side.........the one Tommy just couldn't miss hitting with his hind leg as he walked amongst them.
The blue fabric that is tucked in between the green and the white is all I used from what I took with me. The rest is still in the bag waiting for another project.
I followed the directions for construction exactly! It was sewn together in no time at all.
I ran the pattern off on card stock so I just trace around everything. It goes so much faster than moving the fusible around around the pattern sheet.
I cut everything out and then off to the ironing board. I didn't sew the pieces down and I didn't do the ribbon flowers. I didn't use buttons either. I used that black fabric from the first photo.
I put it on the frame and did a meandering stitch over the top and the back. I used my favourite neutral thread from Superior. When I was all done I found my black embroidery floss and my "bee" button and stitched them on.
I rounded the corners of the pillow when I stitched the back to the front and then I started to stuff it.
Holy cow, does this pillow take stuffing. I had some in a bag -- it was nearly full -- and that wasn't enough. I have a poly batting so I ripped that up and put that in. I didn't want the pillow hard as it is to relax against.
It's done. All in a week. It's time to get it out on the front porch bench.